August events at the S. W. Smith Memorial Public Library:
- Serving Summer Snack for children ages birth to 18, 2-3pm, Monday-Friday. Last day for Summer Snack is August 18.
- Bridge Club meets every Thursday from 10:30-12:30pm. Play or learn to play Bridge!
- August 1 Yoga for Kids with Amy Mickle, 7pm: Children entering Kindergarten to 6th Grade are welcome to attend a Yoga for Kids class taught by Yoga instructor Amy Mickle. Please bring a beach towel or mat for the class and plan to be barefoot. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- August 7 Solar Eclipse Presentation with Bernie Picklo, 6:30pm: Get prepared for the upcoming total solar eclipse on August 21st with UPB Academic Technology Integrator and library lover, Bernie Picklo! Learn about eclipses and how and where to safely view the first total solar eclipse visible in the continental United States since 1979. Free eclipse glasses for attendees! This event is open to all ages.
- August 15 Yoga for Teens and Adults with Amy Mickle, 7pm: Yoga Instructor Amy Mickle will be teaching a Yoga Class for Teens and Adults ages 13-100. Wear comfy clothes, bring a beach towel or mat, and plan to be barefoot.
- August 17 Senior Lunch & Learn with Steve Appleby from the Eldred WW2 Museum, 11:30-12:30pm: Seniors 60+ are invited to a free light lunch and presentation during Senior Lunch & Learn. Steve Appleby from the Eldred World War II Museum is bringing artifacts for viewing and discussion. Please reserve your seat by August 16: 814-642-9210.