January events at the S.W. Smith Memorial Public Library
- January 1: closed in observance of New Year’s Day
- January 2: Winter Story Hour registration begins. Children birth to 6 years old are welcome to attend Story Hour with an adult. Winter Story Hour runs February 12-March 18 and meets every Wednesday at 10am. Library materials for young children must be checked out on an adult's library account that is in good standing. Winter Story Hour registration ends February 1. Registration forms are available in the library. Story Hour is made possible through a Port Allegany Campaign for the United Way grant.
- January 9, 5:30pm: E-book Class: Do you have a Kindle, tablet, Smart Phone, or computer? Learn how to download FREE e-books and audio books from the library using OverDrive. Bring your E-Reader to the library on January 9. This class will be taught by Library Director, Mary Grace Collier-Kisler.
- January 14, 7pm: Library Board of Trustees monthly meeting
- January 16, 5:30pm: Stuffed Animal Sleepover: Please join us for a stuffed animal sleepover! Wear your PJs (optional) and bring a stuffed animal friend for a story, snack, and craft. Stuffed animals will spend the night at the library and can be picked up on January 17 after 12pm. The library staff will post photos on the library’s Facebook page of what the stuffed animals did at night in the library during their sleepover! Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- January 28, 4:30-6:30: It's National Lego Day! Patrons are welcome to come in and create with the library's Lego collection. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- January 30, 6pm: Book Buddies book club discusses Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak. The Book Buddies meet the last Thursday of each month at 6pm in the library to discuss the monthly book selection. Any adult is welcome to join!