- June 25, 5:30-6:30: Susan Wright, an undergraduate researcher in Dr. Sarah Ruffell's lab at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, will be discussing Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs). These blooms are a growing environmental problem that can have significant effects on public health. The presentation will review the basics of algae, how HABs form, and potential public health concerns. She will also discuss current research, and how public libraries are contributing to this research. This program is free and open to the public.
- June 27, 6-7pm: Join our book club, Book Buddies, for an evening of informal chat about the selected title. We are reading The Snow Gypsy by Lindsay Jayne Ashford.
- July 1 at 1pm: Jeffini the Great Magician “Reading Blastoff Magic Show”: Jeffini uses magic, music, and puppets to encourage children to read in this NEW, exciting space-themed show for summer 2019! This new show features fabulous magic, audience participation, and Jeffini’s puppet friends - Gus the Gorilla and Horace the Donkey - as they lead the audience on a space adventure through some of the best outer-space-themed books in the library. Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult. This event is free and does not require registration.
- July 2, 9, and 16 at 7pm: Teen/Adult Yoga: Amy Mickle is hosting Yoga for Teens and Adults ages 13-100. Wear comfy clothes, bring a beach towel or blanket, and plan to be barefoot. If you own a Yoga mat, please bring it. We respectfully ask that young children do not attend. No registration necessary. This free program is made possible by a donation for Teen Programming from the Legion Auxiliary.
- July 16 at 5pm: Teen Paint N’ Pizza: Teens ages 13-18 are welcome to join the S.W. Smith Memorial Public Library and Sue Zirkle for Teen Paint N' Pizza at the Port Freeze Boardroom. Participation is limited to 12 teens and reservations are first come first serve. Please register by signing up at the library by July 13: 814-642-9210. Registration is not available online or at the Port Freeze restaurant. This free program is made possible by a donation for Teen Programming made by the Legion Auxiliary.
- July 25 at 6pm: Book Buddies meeting to discuss The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Book Buddies Book Club meets the last Thursday of each month at 6pm in the library to discuss the monthly book selection. Any adult is welcome to join!